Organisations engaged in the Explosives Sector are required to satisfy the requirements of Explosives Regulations 2014 (ER 2014) or UK MOD DSA 03 - OME. Both sets of regulations call for the demonstration of an individual’s training and competency for the work and DSA 03 - OME specifically requires that this must be demonstrated against the standards of best practice and these are the National Occupational Standards (NOS) for Explosives Substances & Articles (ESA).
Our online EFC programme is delivered in 2 parts:
Part One - Online Modules
- 9 modules designed to provide the student with the basic understanding required to handle and use Explosives Substances & Articles (ESA) safely.
- This training will lead to the award of an ISSEE certificate. Passing all of these modules is required before attending Part Two
- Introduction to Explosives
- History of Explosives
- High and Low Explosives
- Hazard Divisions and Compatibility Groups
- Explosive Chains
- Demolition Procedures
- Uses of Explosives Effects
- Explosives Legislation and Statutory Requirements
- Principle Considerations of Manufacture
- Students can also elect to study selected modules as ‘standalone’ training. Please select the relevant module(s) on our course purchase page
Part Two - Practical
- 2-days of practical training and assessment at ISSEE’s training centre to confirm safety and handling of explosives learning. Training and assessment will be conducted with live explosives. Successfully passing Part Two will lead to the SQA award.
- Training dates are published on our website and can be pre-booked and paid for securely online.